Friday 2 November 2012

Potato crown.


Just a quick idea for serving baby potatoes at a dinner party when you want to let people help themselves.  Alternatively, this could be adapted to individual portions in ramekins.  Simply boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, place in a oven proof dish with a 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom, salt and pepper.  Keep back 8 potatoes and mash them with a fork with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and put on top.  Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in an oven of 180° c/ 360° f  until golden .  Turn out on to a platter (run a knife around the sides first) and keep warm until needed.

10 comments:

  1. What a good idea and great way to 'present' the humble potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jim,
      Thank you, it's nice to value everything and as you say the humble potato, was happy with a new look!
      Ivan

      Delete
  2. This looks so good. I'm not a potato person but I bought some of the little ones today and I'm going to try this out over the weekend. Thanks for the great idea and enjoy your weekend. Do you have plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joanne,
      Thank you, these potatoes are full of flavour so they gain from a bit of crisping up for texture. Hope it came out well. We had some friends over, thanks for asking - hope you are doing good also.
      Ivan

      Delete
  3. Simple and delicious! Have a nice weekend. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you - I wrote and must have for got to press publish (so sorry!)
      Ivan

      Delete
  4. I love dishes like this! It looks beautiful and I imagine it tastes even better thank it looks. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jennifer,
      Thank you for stopping by. Your blog was the first blog I signed up to! I was quite lost to start and I have to thank you for unknowingly guiding me along! We lived in La Manche for five years, so I recognise the area in your posts. Your passion for cheese is more intense than mine, which I didn't think could be topped!
      Ivan

      Delete
  5. Such an easy dish...and so scrumptious...How do I know this fact?...my Dad Ron is a potato head and loves spuds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sophie,
      We are potato heads also! That is why is is a crown... being almost royal!
      Aston sends a potato woof!
      Ivan

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...