Saturday 12 January 2013

Goat cheese Tart...


This is a CRUSTLESS and quick goat cheese (or any cheese for that matter) tart, that I make for lunch to finish up cheese that just won't get eaten.  The crust is just about there in a form of a few breadcrumbs and butter (so they stay in place!), this is necessary so you can turn out the tart to serve.


  First, generously butter a cake tin and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs (leaving the excess in the base), then place this in the fridge to chill down while the oven heats up to 200°c/ 400°f.


6 eggs
480 ml / 2 cups of milk and cream 
(you decide how much of each, but I quite like one of each)

85 g/ 3 oz of goat cheese (more or less as you want)
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
salt and pepper (I used pink peppercorns as they go well with goat cheese)

Mix in a bowl the eggs, milk and cream (salt and pepper).  Gently pour the liquid into the tin (which has chilled for at least 10 minutes).  I like to dot around the cut up goat cheese evenly and then sprinkle the parmesan on the top.

Bake for 25-30 minutes so the middle is set firm.  Let stand for 30 minutes before turning out onto a board and then flip back over onto a plate.  Eat warm or cold.  I sometimes make in a square tin and cut into cubes to serve as aperitif ...  


22 comments:

  1. That looks nice Ivan.
    AGA makes a similar tart but includes onions which when I first heard of it sounded like it could horrible but it is really rather nice.
    I am going to show him your recipe.
    Bye for now
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kirk,
      Thank you, I shall have to try that next time! Hope you had a good weekend.
      Ivan

      Delete
  2. That looks really lovely. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jennifer,
      Thank you, I thought this may appeal to your cheese appreciation. I hope you are doing alright after a difficult weekend.
      Ivan

      Delete
  3. Mmmm looks good! I loooove goat cheese. I spent a month in a town of Touraine, and I remember the Sainte-Maure cheese ... It was spectacular. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Thanks, yes - that area is very well known for their goat cheeses. I am a big fan also!
      Ivan

      Delete
  4. We like goat cheese and the fact that it is basically crustless will satisfy us both. Any cheese,eh? I could experiment. Thanks Ivan. Wishing you a great weekend.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jim,
      Thanks, the crustless is a good trick and really speeds up the cooking. Yes, I grate other cheeses (even mixes), it a good way to use up cheeses.
      Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
      Ivan

      Delete
  5. This looks so good! Some people near us have started a savory cheesecake business. This would be a fabulous base. Then people heat them for parties and use like a dip...I will try to make this Ivan!In fact, our friends make their own goat cheese...I will have to beg some.

    http://www.wickedkickin.com/ (for ideas)

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Hope you are feeling a bit better. I shall go to your link with interest, thanks. Friends who make their own cheese... lucky you,I dream to do that!
      Ivan

      Delete
  6. I love goat cheese, and crustless sounds good too. I will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, you found my soft spot...goat cheese. You can bet this little baby will be on my dinner table tomorrow night! I'm sure it is outstanding...thanks Ivan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joanne,
      Thanks, pleased you like this! Hope you enjoyed eating it as much as I did!
      Ivan

      Delete
  8. Hi, great blog, you have a new follower from Spain.

    Marina
    http://marinainblue.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marina,
      Thank you for joining and pleased you like my blog. I shall go over to your blog later.
      Ivan

      Delete
  9. Thanks Ivan,
    Yum! Now I know what to do with that leftover goat cheese in my fridge!
    I hope that you have enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Louise,
      Thank you, it's a good one to use up cheese. I had a very good weekend thanks and I hope that your cold is better now?
      Ivan

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the well wishes, Ivan.
      I'm improving - still house walking though.
      Glad to hear that your weekend was very good.

      Delete
  10. This looks heavenly! I think I'll make it with some Banon.
    I'm so happy to have found your blog! I'm making myself a cuppa and am going to scour through your old posts and see what other delicious treats you've made :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara-Louise,
      Thank you so much for joining - I have just been over to your lovely blog and look forwards to reading more! I have tried Banon before (on vacation in the south), must be from around where you are - I hope you enjoy it!
      Best wishes Ivan

      Delete
  11. This looks devine! We make similar baseless tarts in Greece, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...