Monday 3 September 2012

Tomato and balsamic bites...


I bought myself a much needed (!) "mini" muffin tin while on holiday this summer with the very thought of cooking everything, but muffins within!  So, for our first recipe, we have a puff pastry disc, pushed in with a quarter of a tomato (small sized ones but a whole cherry tomato would work, but beware, they do hold their heat) salted for twenty minutes to draw out excess water.  Place them in and put two drops of reduced balsamic vinegar, this you can buy already done, if not put some in a pot and boil until thick and syrupy - but not burnt!!  Bake for about twenty minutes (I baked them at 200°c/400°f for 7 minutes then turned them down to 160°c/325°f for 13 -15 minutes) until golden and crisp, they maybe slightly sticky but that's good!  Serve and realise you should have bought two tins!!!

I also made it with a "red" pesto in the base which was also nice...

2 comments:

  1. What a genius idea, Ivan. I will definitely try them soon. What temperature did you bake them at? If you need other pans, give me a holler and I'll post them. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Harriet,

    I (sorry!) baked them at 200°c/400°f for 7 minutes then turned them down to 160°c/325°f for 13 -15 minutes. I will make do with one but thank you, you are too kind!

    I xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...