Friday 27 July 2012

Barbecued liquorice powdered pork.

  
This recipe, in my view, is perfectly balanced.  You may think it is a strange spice to use, but it really cuts through the heaviness of the pork.  The natural sweetness of the liquorice is  less of a sugary note, more of a freshness and I think it adds interest.  I have only included one other element (broad beans in parsley butter) as we had quite enough to eat already and my guests always thank me for leaving room for pudding!  As for a sauce, no need,with the buttery broad beans doing that job, you could drizzle a little extra butter from the pan!

Trim off any fat and skin. Keep the fillet whole (feeding 2 to 4 per fillet depending on their size).  Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Now, sprinkle liberally with the powdered liquorice root, between 1 and 3 tablespoons depending on size and preference.  I barbecued mine in a medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes each side (depending on the thickness, you may need to continue a little more).  You can alternatively pan fry the pork in the same way.

 Once cooked, wrap in foil and leave it to rest for 10 minutes before carving.  Broad beans are one of my favourite things to eat at this time of year and I skin them because they really are worth the effort (especially if you make your guests help... thanks kids!!!!).  Cover in water and boil for a few minutes and then drain.  Add the parsley, salt and butter to broad beans and cook out a few minutes... heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...