Friday 22 June 2012

Samosas


This is a good way to make leftovers more exciting.  I like to use lamb up this way.  As it was already grilled and spiced, the tastes are already to go.  If not, cook meat and spice with curry or a selection of spices of your choice.  Simply mince up the meat or hand chop if you want a chunky texture.  I've added some finely diced carrot but leftover veg is good too or spinach and peas also work very well.  I've also added some chopped flat leaf parsley

 As these were made for lunch, I made them larger than I would for a drinks party.  I also used some 'brick' pastry from North Africa and you could use filo pastry (but you would have to butter the sheets).  I egg washed the sheet, fold them in half and then not quite in half again, egg washing again.  If you want them smaller, use a sheet cut into four.  Shape the meat into a triangle if you can, then the folding will be easier to follow. Fold up on itself from left to right, keeping it tight and place on an oiled baking sheet.  I finally sprinkle some cumin seed on the top and a drizzle of oil.  Bake in a 200°c/400°f oven turning a few times if it is browning to quickly reduce the heat.  Depending on the size you make, it should take about 15-20 minutes to cook.




 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...